Charging Port / Micro USB
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Android smartphone was produced by Xiaomi, Inc. and launched in March 2016. The Redmi Note 3 is the successor of the Redmi Note 2 and the predecessor of the Redmi Note 4. The Redmi Note 3 was released in gold, silver, and grey bodies.
The Redmi Note 3 includes a glass front and an aluminum back and frame. It has a 5.5-inch display and a 16-megapixel main camera. The phone also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensors. The Redmi Note 3’s fingerprint sensor and main camera are located in the top center of the phone’s back cover. The Redmi Note 3 includes a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The standard version of the Redmi Note 3 includes 16 GB of internal storage and 2 GB of RAM. The Special edition includes 32 GB of internal storage and 3 GB of RAM. Both variants feature a non-removable 4050 mAh battery with 10-Watt fast-charging. A non-removable battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult. The device supports two SIM cards or a SIM card and an expandable microSDHC card.
A CNET review praised the Redmi Note 3’s display and low price but were disappointed with the phone’s camera and lack of removable battery.
Models: 2015116, 2015161
Release date: March 2016
- Dimensions and Weight: 150 x 76 x 8.7 mm (5.91 x 2.99 x 0.34 in), 164 g (5.78 oz)
- Build: Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Micro-SIM/Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches, 82.6 cm2 (~72.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- OS: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), MIUI 9.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650
- CPU: Hexa-core (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72)
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 16GB 2GB RAM (Standard version), 32GB 3GB RAM (High/Special version)
- eMMC 4.5
- Single: 16 MP, f/2.0, PDAF
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Single: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: Stereo FM radio, recording
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 4050 mAh battery
- Charging: Charging 10W
- Colors: Silver, Gray, Gold
- SAR: 0.49 W/kg (head) 0.50 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 0.56 W/kg (head)