These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues, check out the Samsung Odyssey NP800G5M Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The Samsung Odyssey (Model NP800G5M-X01US) was first released on February 1, 2017 and engineered to become Samsung’s new generation of gaming computer. The laptop uses an 8th generation Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 128GB of SSD storage, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics coprocessor. Paired with a wide angle anti-glare display, the laptop also uses a new design of HexaFlow and vented cooling.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 7700HQ
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
- Memory: Samsung PM961 NVMe MZVLW128HEGR 128 GB (primary), 1 TB Seagate ST1000M035-1RK172 HDD (secondary)
- Audio: 1.5 W x 2 SoundAlive™ Stereo Speakers
- Battery: Up to 7 hours
- Display: 15.6" FHD LED Display (1920 x 1080), Anti-Glare
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Dimensions: 14.88" x 10.24" x 0.94"
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- SD reader
- 2x USB 2.0
- Kensington Lock
- AC adapter
- Gigabit RJ-45
- HDMI port
- USB 3.0
- 3.5 mm combo audio