These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
The Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant is distinguishable from other Samsung mobile android devices by identifying the carrier, T-Mobile, whose name appears below the earpiece on the top of the LCD screen. Additionally, “Galaxy S” appears on the lower portion of the back cover. The front LCD screen contains 4 touch keys; Menu, Home Screen, Back and Search. When switching the phone on, the word “Vibrant” will display itself in white letters.
The Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant was released in July 2010. It was one of four on the Galaxy S line, Samsung's first Android Superphones. T-Mobile (the specified carrier) hoped that the Vibrant would redeem the disappointing sales of Google’s Nexus-One smart phone; the Galaxy S line has since proved to be the most successful mobile device produced by Samsung. The Vibrant runs on an Android 2.1 platform, with the ability to update to Android 2.2 with Adobe Flash. The device features Samsung's trademark Super AMOLED LCD screen, making the graphics and video display extremely smooth while reflecting five times less sunlight.
Find common device problems and their solutions on the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Troubleshooting Page
- 4.82” x 2.54” x 0.39”
- 4.2 ounces
- 400x800 pixel Main Display Resolution
- 480x800 pixel External Display Resolution
- 4" Display Screen
- Touch screen
- Android 2.2 Platform
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor
- 3.7 Volt, Lithium Ion, 1500mAh
- Up to 450 hours, Standby
- Up to 6.5 hours, Talk Time
- 2GB Internal Memory
- 32GB External Memory/microSD Capacity
- SDHC/SHD SD Card
- 5.0 megapixel Camera Resolution
- 4x Digital Optical Zoom
- Music player compatible with: 3GP, 3G2, ACC, AMR, MIDI, M4A,MP3, MP4 (AAC), WAV, and WMA files
- Video player compatible with: 3GP, 3G2, H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, Windows Media, and WMV files
- Streaming Capabilities (both audio and video)