These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Galaxy S9 marks a more incremental upgrade from the S8, the styling remains similar, with upgraded components.
The S9 comes in Midnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, and Titanium Gray.
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 189 g
- Display: 6.2" Quad HD+ Super AMOLED with 2960x1440 resolution (~529 ppi)
- Rear/Main dual camera: Dual 12 MP sensors. Wide angle Dual Aperture: F1.5 mode/ F2.4 mode and telephoto F2.4 aperture. Autofocus with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), 4K video.
- Front/Selfie Camera: 8 MP AF, f/1.7
- 64-bit Octa-Core Processor, with 6 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB internal, expandable via MicroSD slot (up to 400GB)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024 QAM, Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps), ANT+, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- SIM: Dual/Hybrid SIM slot: one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Water and dust resistance: IP68
- Battery: 3500 mAh
- Charging: Fast Charging on wired and wireless; wireless charging supports WPC and PMA
- Iris Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Geomagnetic Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- RGB Light Sensor