Digitizer / Touch screen Replacement _____Video tutorial_____
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Produced by Samsung Electronics, the Samsung Galaxy Core is an Android smartphone that runs on the open source Android 4.1.2 Jellybean operating system. It was announced in early May 2013. The Samsung Galaxy Core comes in a single sim card slot model (GT-I8260) which was released in late May of 2013, and a dual sim card variant (GT-I262) released in July of 2013.
The design and features of the Galaxy Core are similar to the Samsung Galaxy SIII, the third generation of the Galaxy S series released in 2012. The Galaxy Core has the S-voice, an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator, which is usually only found in high-end Samsung Galaxy devices. A noteworthy and appreciated feature of the Galaxy Core is its dual sim capability. There are many model variants of the Galaxy Core.
- Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360P): Galaxy Core Plus (SM-G350), Galaxy Core Safe (SHW-M580D)
- China: Galaxy Trend (SM-G3502), Galaxy Core 4G (SM-G386F), Galaxy Style Duos (GT-I8260), Galaxy Style Duos (GT-I8262), Galaxy Style Duos (GT-I8262D), Galaxy Style (SCH-I829)
- USA: Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G360P)
(for the Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262)
- Display: 4.3 inches, 480 x 800 pixels (217 ppi) TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8225 or Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play
- CPU: 1.2 GHz Dual Core or 1.0 GHz Dual Core
- GPU: Adreno 203 or Adreno 220
- Memory: 1 GB
- Storage: 8 GB, expandable up to 64 GB via microSD
- Battery: 1800 mAh
- Rear Camera: 5 Megapixel, with LED Flash
- Front Camera: VGA, 640 x 480
- OS: Android 4.1.2 Jellybean (upgradable to Noughat 7.1.1.)
- Connectivity: microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, GPS