These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 4G SGH-T679
- Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 4G
- Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G
- Samsung Exhibit II 4G
- Samsung Exhibit 2 4G
- Samsung Galaxy W
Network/Bearer and Wireless Connectivity ¶
- GSM, 3G, 4G
- 2G GSM, GPRS, EDGE (850 / 900 / 1,800 / 1,900MHz)
- 3G HSPA+ (850 / 900 / 1,900 / 2,100MHz)
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth Profiles BT 3.0 (A2DP, OPP)
- NFC: No
- Android 2.3.3
- Size 3.7"
- Resolution 480 x 800 WVGA
- CPU Type Quad
- CPU Speed 1.3GHz Quad
- Memory 512 MB internal RAM, 4 GB ROM
- Camera Resolution(Front) VGA
- Camera Resolution(Rear) 3 MP
- LED Flash
Physical Specifications ¶
- Dimension (HxWxD) 115 x 60 x 11mm
- Weight 116g
- USB 2.0
- Earjack 3.5mm
- External Memory Slot MicroSD Slot (up to 32 GB)
- SIM Support Standard SIM (3FF)
- Connector Micro USB
- Standard Battery 1500 mAh
- Talk time 5.50 hours
- Stand-by time Up to 15 hours
Track down a number of troubleshooting errors here: Samsung Exhibit II 4G Troubleshooting Page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (AKA Exhibit II 4G (codename: Ancora/Ancora_TMO for CM9)) is sold in the United States from T-Mobile on both its contract and Monthly 4G prepaid plans. The Galaxy Exhibit is the successor to the original Samsung Exhibit & is a variant of the Samsung Galaxy W. Under the hood it features a Qualcomm Snapdragon with 512 MB of RAM. The Galaxy Exhibit also features a 3.2 MP camera with LED flash as well as a front facing camera for photos and video chat.
This phone was available 2011, October.
For identification, locate the serial sticker under the battery. The model number should be SGH-T679.