There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The W890i was officially released to the public on March 3rd, 2008 by SONY Ericsson. However, it is currently discontinued and fading into the past.
The Sony Ericsson W890i can operate on the 2G or 3G network and comes in silver, mocha brown, or black. This "music phone" can be identified by the W890i tag on the back cover, as well as the stylistic golden Walkman "W" signifying that it operates the Walkman 3.0 system software.
This phone does not have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, but 3.5mm adapters are available for purchase. It is capable of downloading polyphonic, Mp3, or AAC ringtones and can hookup to Bluetooth and USB cable. A 4GB maximum memory upgrade is possible, but the phone comes stock with 2GB memory. Unlike the W880i, the 890i includes an FM radio.
Additional Information ¶
- The phone has a lot in common with the iPhone design, if you notice the shape, size, and back cover of the device.
- Also, the SONY Ericsson brand was a collaboration between SONY and the Swedish telecommunications company Ericsson. SONY bought out the entire brand in 2012 and appears to be switching over to being called strictly "SONY Mobile Communications."
- Click here to access the SONY Ericsson W890i pdf User Guide.
- Click for thorough CNet and User reviews.
- Since this is a currently discontinued phone, you may have to turn to smaller private dealers who would still carry any needed parts; start in a well-reviewed place like Rounded.com. Just type "SONY Ericsson W890" into the search bar.
Having trouble with your phone? Click here for Troubleshooting.