These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Released in 2017, the Razer Tiamat 7.1 is an over-ear gaming headset with microphone and audio control unit. There are two versions of the Tiamat 7.1, denoted as V1 and V2. The V2 was a highly anticipated sequel to the V1, which was received positively from consumers.
The V1 featured true 7.1 surround sound and is fitted with five discrete drivers per ear cup—a total of a sizable ten drivers in the headset. Moreover, each cup consists of a 40 mm subwoofer, 30mm front (L/R) and center drivers and 20mm rear and side surround drivers.
On the other hand, the V3 comes with a new Audio Control Unit (ACU) which is bulkier than the V1 ACU, but allows a better fit to the desk. Additionally, the ACU allows users to have control of each channel, muting the microphone, and also has a pass through feature for desktop speaker setups. For users that dislike external microphones, the Tiamat V2 offers a unidirectional microphone attached to the earcup.
- Manufacturer: Razer Inc.
- Headphone Technology: Dynamic
- Sound Output Mode: Surround Sound
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- Microphone Operation Mode: Mono
- Sensitivity: -36 dB
- Response Bandwidth: 50 Hz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 50 dB
- Audio-Input Details: Uni-directional
- Remote Control:
- Type: none
- Audio Controls: Microphone on/mute, volume
- Controls: Volume, microphone on/mute
- Qty: 1.5
- Type: USB, headset
- Connector Type: Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Included Accessories: Control Unit
- Color Category: Black
- Service & Support: 1 year warranty
- Audio System:
- Surround System Class: 71 Channel
- Additional Features: Retractable microphone