Background and Identification
Panasonic originated in 1918 with the name Matsushita Electric. This company sold a variety of products, especially household technology and electronics. Currently, Panasonic offers a variety of products, including air conditioning, memory cards, video intercoms, projectors, phones, tablets, televisions, and more.
This television is part of the GT24 series of Panasonic TVs. It has 3D capabilities, and comes with the 3D glasses needed to view the screen correctly. This is a plasma TV, which means that it has a screen display made up of many small gas-filled cells. When voltage is applied to the gas, it forms plasma. As electricity flows through the plasma cells, it increases their energy. The plasma can then release that energy by emitting light. The color of the light is defined by it’s energy, so the television sends electric signals of varying strengths to the cells. They give off different colors of light, and a picture is formed out of these many small cells. Plasma televisions are very rarely seen anymore, however. By the mid-2010s, they were largely replaced by LCD screen televisions.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand: 30.0" x 44.6" x 13.2"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand: 28.5" x 44.6" x 3.5"
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand: 59.5 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand: 52.9 lbs.
- Screen Size Diagonal (inches): 46.0
- Screen Type: Plasma
- Series: GT24
- Model Number: TC-46PGT24
- Model Year: 2010
- Contrast Ratio: Infinite Black/5,000,000:1 Native
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
- Moving Picture Resolution: 1080 lines
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption: 119 W
- Energy Star: Yes