Power light comes on but no picture or sound

Was watching tv and screen went black sound stopped only sign of power is red light

stephenbirdwell826 what exact model is your TV? Just to clarify, you have no sound and no picture? The only thing that works is the power LED and it is red?

my is no pic no sound no light

stephenbirdwell826 , First try unplugging TV for 20 min's and press and hold power button on TV for 10 sec's to reset and plug TV in and try. If no go remove the back from TV and remove plugs/ cables reseat them to make sure all have good connection and try TV again. At any time if you start getting light blink codes, use the 2nd link to diagnose the fault.

Could be possible power supply board issue, remove the back off of TV and look for any evidence of a power surge, bulged capacitor, hot/burn marks, etc., replace parts on the board or replace board found with defective parts. Check out the 1st link below for more info. on diagnosing a TV with this type of issue. If not comfortable working on the TV, have a good local TV repairman have a look, diagnose and estimate repair. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHBIiRxh...

http://www.brainchamber.com/2016/03/23/p...

Try unplugging the TV and then plugging it back in. And see if the power light blinks at you. If blinking, are they blinking after plugging it in, or after you turn it on, and how many blinks? This will help troubleshooting the problem. Other useful information would be model number.

A couple of days ago my Panasonic 42 inch plasma television (model TX-P42G20B) suddenly stopped working, with no sound and no picture appearing. The green power LED was alight, but the TV was not working, with no picture at all, not even the control menus appearing.

The repair engineer who came around fixed my TV within minutes, by holding down some button on the TV for some seconds to get into the engineer's Service Menu, and then reseting or changing something (I did not see exactly what he did).

He told me that TV engineers suspect software updates sent from the BBC to the BBC iPlayer in the TV cause of this problem. There is no proof of this, but this is apparently what some repair engineers suspect.

If this is the case, then this problem has probably happened to many people throughout the UK, and I would think that lot of people will just have gone out and bought a new TV, because it is often cheaper to do this than paying for a repair, if the repair turns out to be complex (but this repair was done in moments just via the engineer's menus, without needing to take the back off the TV).

Thus this presumed rogue BBC iPlayer software update containing a bug (assuming it was the cause of my TV going kaput) may have caused a lot of people to throw away perfectly good TVs, and to go out a buy a new TV, which is not necessary at all.

i think ive locked my power button somehow

Hi do you know what buttons he pressed? Mine has done the same thing and I can't afford a repair man to come out?

Try pressing the ‘i’ button on the remote’s number keypad . There is a ‘self check’ feature that activates if the blank screen and no sound is a settings problem. After that, press the tv/av button on the top of the set to get your tuner back on screen. Thereafter, to avoid having to repeat this every time you use the TV, just unplug it rather than turning it off by remote (- switching off by remote seems to trigger the problem that puts all picture and sound settings to zero one-by-one.)

I don't have a remote I used my sky one with it but obviously as I have had to use another tv I registered my remote with that one :( I think it's a duff tv now, I reset it by the volume and on button, the green light disappears and nothing happens but must be doing somethi long with the light.going off! Just a shame to chuck tv away!

Yes it took a long time to find that trick.

Hi guys

Please help me out, I'm experiencing the same problem. No sound or pictures but the green and red button works.

Patrick.Nkosi@liblink.co.za

stephenbirdwell826 will be eternally grateful.