Nvidia Shield Controller (2015) touch buttons replacement?
How to get the battery out of its place
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Released on January 16th, 2017, the NVIDIA SHIELD Controller is a game controller designed to be compatible with the SHIELD TV, SHIELD TV Pro, SHIELD Tablet K1, and GeForce equipped computers. With six action motion control, the NVIDIA SHIELD controller will directly affect the gameplay of compatible games, giving users a more immersive gaming experience.
It has a built-in microphone that, after a firmware update, allows voice control of compatible smart-home devices. Moreover, its integrated headphone jack allows for private listening. The NVIDIA SHIELD controller connects to compatible gaming devices via Bluetooth or the USB cable included with the controller.
- Compatibility: Via Bluetooth: SHIELD TV, SHIELD TV Pro, SHIELD tablet K1, GeForce-equipped computers
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Infrared: Transmitter built-in for display volume and power control
- Ports: 1 x Micro-USB 2.0 port for charging or wired gameplay
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo headphone jack
- Built-in-microphone: Yes
- Dual analog joysticks
- Left/right analog triggers
- Left/right bumpers
- A/B/X/Y buttons
- Volume control slider via capacitive touch
- NVIDIA voice search button
- Android Home and Back buttons
- Start button
- Hands-free voice control
- IR transmitter for display volume and power control
- Feedback: Dual vibration motors
- Power: Rechargeable battery