These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Nokia 8.1 Android smartphone (known as the Nokia X7 in China) was manufactured by HMD Global and released in December 2019. It is the predecessor of the Nokia 8.3 smartphone and the successor of the Nokia 8. It was released in blue, silver, steel, copper, and iron colored bodies.
Although the Nokia 8 smartphone included scratch-proof glass and a splash-resistant coating, the Nokia 8.1 has a glass front and back and a plastic frame that is not water- or scratch-resistant. The Nokia 8.1 is much larger than the 8 however, with a 6.18-inch display compared to the 8's 5.3-inch display. The 8.1 also has a larger 3500 mAh battery, whereas the 8 has a 3090 mAh battery. The battery in both phones is non-removable, meaning their batteries' adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult. The 8.1 also includes 18-Watt fast-charging capabilities.
The 8.1 features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor as well as an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensor. It was released with 64 GB of internal storage and 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM, or 128 GB of internal storage and 6 GB of RAM. The 8.1 also includes dual main cameras, one 12-megapixel camera and one 13-megapixel camera. It also features a 20-megapixel front-facing or selfie camera.
A TechRadar review praised the design of the Nokia 8.1 but was disappointed that it is not waterproof and does not include wireless charging capabilities.
Models: TA-1099, TA-1113, TA-1115, TA-1131, TA-1119, TA-1121, TA-1128
Release date: December 2018
- Dimensions and Weight: 154.8 x 75.8 x 8 mm (6.09 x 2.98 x 0.31 in), 180 g (6.35 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, plastic frame
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.18 inches, 95.3 cm2 (~81.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~408 ppi density)
- Protection: NEG
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- eMMC 5.1
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP
- Features: Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Single: 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3", 0.9µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Blue, Silver, Steel, Copper, Iron, Steel
- SAR EU: 0.51 W/kg (head) 1.49 W/kg (body)
Special thanks to these translators:
These translators are helping us fix the world! Want to contribute?
Start translating ›