Motorola Xoom Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background
Motorola first announced its Xoom tablet at CES 2011, to unanimous praise. The Google/Motorola/Verizon tablet became publicly available on February 24, 2011. As a direct competitor to Apple's iPad, the Xoom is the first tablet to be released using the Android 3.0 operating systems. The Xoom is also seated to be the first tablet to use the 4G LTE data service, although this option only becomes available after a hardware upgrade.
- Display: 10.1" 1280 x 800 LCD
- Touchscreen: Capacitive
- Processor: 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, up to 32 GB onboard memory
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-fi, class 2 BlueTooth, 3G/upgradable 4G LTE data service
- Camera: 5 MP rear facing with LED flash, 2 MP front facing
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Barometer