Back Cover Disassembly
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
Released on March 27, 2011 and once quoted as “the best alternative to the iPad” (cnet.com), the Android-based Motorola Xoom is a tablet computer that boasts all the bells and whistles. This “Honeycomb” operating product carries a two and a five megapixel camera alongside a 720p video playback. It is equipped with touchscreen capabilities, a gyroscope, accelerometer, a GPS, and much more. The Xoom hosts a 1200x800 pixel aspect ratio display which is protected by Gorilla Glass. At 708 grams, this Motorola Xyboard successor is lightweight and compact.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Display: 10.1" 1280 x 800 LCD
- Touchscreen: Capacitive
- Processor: 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core
- Pixels Per Inch: 138
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, 32 GB onboard memory
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-fi, 3G/upgradable 4G LTE data service
- Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR
- Camera: 5 MP rear facing with LED flash, 2 MP front facing
- Ports: 3.5mm Headphone port, Micro HDMI, Micro USB
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Compass / Magnetometer, Accelerometer