Microsoft Surface Dial Teardown
There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background Information ¶
The Surface Dial was released in November 2016 along with the Surface Studio, intending to move away from the traditional user-interface of a computer mouse. The Dial is touchscreen detectable when used with the Surface Studio, and it connects to devices via Bluetooth.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Accessory Height: 2.32" (59mm)
- Accessory Diameter: 1.18" (30mm)
- Base Height: 0.16" (4mm)
- Base Diameter: 2.13" (54mm)
- 5.11 oz (145g) with 2 batteries
- Bluetooth 4.0LE
- Touchscreen Detectable on the Surface Studio
- 2 AAA Alkaline Batteries (replaceable)
- Touchscreen capability with the Surface Studio
- Other functions can be used with machines running Windows 10 (the anniversary update)