Magic Keyboard Teardown
1 In Progress Guide
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
Released alongside the Late 2015 iMac lineup, the Magic Keyboard is Apple's fourth revision to their original Wireless Keyboard. It features an internal, non-replaceable lithium-ion battery which should last up to a month on one charge, and can connect to a Mac via a Lightning connector or Bluetooth.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Height: 0.16–0.43 inch (0.41–1.09 cm)
- Width: 10.98 inches (27.9 cm)
- Depth: 4.52 inches (11.49 cm)
- Weight: 0.51 pound (0.231 kg)
- Multimedia keys
- Internal lithium-ion battery
- Lightning port for charging and pairing