Antenna Bar Assembly
Screen backlight works but no image
New MacBook Pro shuts down at 25% battery
Replacing video cable for MacBook Pro 2019 (13 inch)
Can you replace just the keyboard on A2159 topcase?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A2159 (EMC 3301 MacBookPro15,4) 1.4 GHz, A2159 (EMC 3301 MacBookPro15,4) 1.7 GHz
Background and Identification
The mid-2019 update to the entry-level 13” MacBook Pro discontinued the function keys, but received a spec bump to new 8th-generation Intel processors, marking the first time that the base model 13” MacBook Pro comes standard with a quad-core CPU. To identify your MacBook Pro, check the model number printed on the bottom cover.
With this model, the “butterfly” keyboard remains the same—still in its third generation, but now using one or more new, undisclosed materials designed to increase the reliability of the keyboard switches. The keyboard is still covered under Apple’s extended keyboard service program, meaning customers who experience keyboard problems should contact Apple for a free repair or replacement for up to four years after their original date of purchase.
- Height 0.59” (1.49 cm)
- Width 11.97” (30.41 cm)
- Depth 8.36” (21.24 cm)
- Weight 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit IPS display
- 2560 x 1600 resolution, 227 ppi
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color gamut (P3)
- True Tone technology
- Quad-core Intel Core i5 (1.4 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHz)
- 128 MB of eDRAM
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 (integrated)
- 8 GB or 16 GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3
- Non-removable 128 GB or 256 GB SSD, configurable to 512 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- 3.5 mm audio (headphone) jack