These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues, check out the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Lenovo Z70-80 is the updated version of the Z70 17.3-inch notebook. Compared to the previous version, the design remained basically the same. However, the internals received an update to 5th Generation Intel Core Broadwell processors. It also has Full HD resolution on all configurations. Other features include:
- The chassis are made of plastic, with a brushed metal finish.
- The notebook is lustrous with its 1″ profile, weighing in at 6.6 pounds.
- Lenovo’s Z70-80 features JBL-branded stereo speakers and a 720p web camera.
- 802.11AC wireless and an Ethernet LAN connector.
- Three USB ports, HDMI video out, a combo audio jack, and a media card reader.
- The chips include Intel HD 5500 integrated graphics.
- System memory size can be 4GB, 8GB, or even 16GB for insane multitasking.
- Data storage can be either 500GB or 1-Terabyte hard drive.