Support QuestionsAsk a Question
There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
The Lenovo ThinkPad T470p was originally released in 2017 as part of the T-series. It is designed as a business-oriented laptop, offering a balance of performance, durability, and portability, suitable for professionals and business users. The laptop comes with a 14” LED display available in, Full HD (1920x1080) and WQHD (2560x1440). The laptop is powered by Intel core processors specifically the 7th or 8th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 CPUs. The default 3-cell battery lasts just over 3 hours while the 6-cell battery lasts just under 9 hours. The device also offers a range of ports on the left side, housing a USB 3.0 port, audio jack, proprietary power connector, and an optional smart-card reader. While on the right it has a Kensington lock slot, a mini DisplayPort, an Ethernet port, and two more USB 3.0 ports. An SD card reader lives on the front lip. The T470p comes with Windows 10 pre-installed with the option to download Windows 11 in the future. As for security the laptop comes equipped with a fingerprint scanner to the right of the keyboard. Finally, the device includes the ability to upgrade the RAM.
The laptop is identifiable without opening the case; you should see the Lenovo and the ThinkPad logos on the device's corners. After opening the device the Laptop model can be seen(in this case it will say T470p) to the bottom right of the screen. While on the bottom left, you will see the Lenovo logo again. Finally, to the left of the trackpad, there will be a few stickers, one identifying what processor is in the device; on the right, there will be another ThinkPad logo and a fingerprint scanner.
- Processor: Up to 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor.
- Operating System: Up to Windows 10 Pro.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics or NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2 GB GDDR5.
- Webcam / Microphone: 720p HD webcam with dual array microphones.
- Memory: Up to 32 GB DDR4 (2 DIMM slots).
- Storage Options:
- Various HDD options including 1TB, 2TB, and 500GB.
- Various SSD options including 128GB SATA 2.5", 128GB M.2, 180GB OPAL 2.0 SATA 2.5", 256GB PCIe NVME M.2, 512GB SSD PCIe NVME M.2, and 1TB SSD PCIe NVME M.2.
- Audio: Stereo speakers.
- Battery Life: Up to 12.5 hours.
- Display Options:
- 14" FHD (Full HD) IPS Matte AG LED with 250 nits.
- 14" FHD IPS Matte Touch with 250 nits.
- 14" WQHD IPS Matte AG with 300 nits.
- Dimensions: 339 mm x 235 mm x 24 mm (13.3" x 9.25" x 0.94").
- Weight: Starting at 4 lbs (~1.8 kg).
- Colour: Black.
- Wireless Connectivity Options:
- WLAN: Intel 2 x 2 11ac + Bluetooth 4.2 (vPro) M.2 or Realtek (RTL8822BE) 2 x 2 11ac + Bluetooth PCIE M.2 module.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2 Combo with WiFi Card.
- WWAN: Integrated Mobile Broadband 4G LTE-A with Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A EM7455 or MDM9230 4G Cat6 WWAN Module.
- Mini DisplayPort (mDP).
- 4-in-1 media card reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC).
- Smart card reader (selected models).
- RJ45 (Ethernet).
- Headphone & microphone combo jack.
- 3 x USB 3.0.
- WWAN SIM slot.
- Express card slot.
- Mechanical docking support.