These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
- 6" high definition touchscreen with 1280×800 resolution at 252 ppi
- Quad-core processor (two 1.5 GHz cores and two 1.2 GHz cores)
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB (4.5 GB available to user) or 16 GB (11.6 GB available to user) of internal storage
- 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n single-antenna Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Gyroscope and accelerometer
- VGA front-facing camera + 2.0 MP rear-facing HD camera
Background and Identification
The Kindle Fire HD 6 is a low-cost, versatile tablet released by Amazon in late 2014. It is the smallest in the line of Kindle HDs, with a high definition screen measuring 6”. It features two cameras (front-facing and rear-facing), and weighs 10.1 ounces (290 grams). The device is Bluetooth-enabled, and comes with either 8 GB or 16 GB of storage.
You can check whether your device is a Kindle Fire HD 6 by looking at the model number. If your device is a Kindle Fire HD 6, its model number should be PW98VM.
If you're experiencing issues with your device, visit our troubleshooting page to find out how to fix them.