Background and Identification
The Harman Kardon Aura Studio 2 speaker is the successor to the original Aura Studio speaker. It is manufactured by Harman Kardon, a subsidary of Samsung Electronics. This bluetooth speaker has several notable features. It has a center ring of LED lights, which will change brightness with the music played through the speaker, creating a visual element. The speaker projects sound in all directions around it so that it can be placed anywhere in a room. It also features dual connection capabilities. This means that a phone can wirelessly connect to more than one Aura Studio speaker at a time for louder audio. It is also compatible with a variety of other products from Harman Kardon.
This bluetooth speaker has received high ratings from users for its clear sound quality, volume, and ease of use. Although it is meant to be wireless and Bluetooth-accessible, there is also a 3.5mm headphone jack, so users can plug in their phone to play music. This may be useful for users with a Windows phone, as some people have reported Bluetooth connection issues with these phones.
- Power supply: 19VDC, 3A
- Power consumption: 57W maximum, <0.5W eco-standby mode
- Amplifier power: 1 x 30W + 2 x 15W
- Transducers: 4.5” (112mm) for Woofer, 6 x 1.5” (40mm) for Tweeter
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB at 30W (woofer), 80dB @15W (tweeter)
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402 – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: Max 10dBm
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK