These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are having any problems with the Pavilion dv7t-7000, please refer to our troubleshooting page here.
Background and Identification
The Pavilion dv7t-7000 is one model in a long series of HP Pavilion computers, starting with the Pavilion PC in 1995. This original Pavilion was a desktop, but the series has since extended into laptops as well as notebooks.
Other models are the Pavilion dv7t-7000 Quad Edition and the Pavilion dv7t-7000 Select Edition. The main difference between all these models is the processor they come with. The Select Edition has the i5 processor while the Quad Edition has the i7 processor. The Quad Edition also comes with four speakers(two in the lid) and a subwoofer. Therefore all replacement guides should work for these models, with the exception of the speaker replacement for the Quad Edition.
The Pavilion Notebook series did have a recall on batteries in 2011. HP stated the problems only affected batteries with certain serial numbers, and offered a way to check the users batteries here.
- Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor
- NVidia GeForce GT 650M Graphics Processor with 2GB
- 8GB of RAM
- 17.3" 1600 x 900 resolution
- Glossy finish
- Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System
- 1TB 7200RM HD
- 6-cell Li-Ion, 62Whr battery
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Card
- Ports: Ethernet, VGA, HDMI, USB 2.0, Three USB 3.0 ports, headphone and microphone jacks, SDHC media card reader
- Blu-Ray player/DVD Burner
- Dimensions: 16.38" x 10.79" x 1.28" (W x D x H)
- Weight: 6.94lbs