These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Having trouble with this device? Click here to go to our HP Pavilion dv6500 Troubleshooting page .
Background and Identification
The HP Pavilion 6500 is a compact affordable notebook with a 15.4” screen and a stylish high gloss designer case. This laptop has an HDMI output port, 3 USB ports, a FireWire port, and a seven in one shared card slot. The Pavilion 6500 uses Reaktek HD speakers and there is also an option to include an HD-DVD drive.
The both the WXGA LCD screen and the media control buttons at the top of the keyboard are backlit allowing you to easily navigate your media in the dark or incrementally adjust the brightness of the screen.
- Screen Size: 15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)
- Battery: High capacity 6 cell Lithium Ion
- Weight: 6.14lbs
- Dimensions: 14.05” x 10.12” x 1”(minimum height)/ 1.69” (maximum height)
- Release Date: May 9th, 2007
- Professor: Intel Core2 Duo Processor T7300 4MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
- Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
- System RAM: 2 GB DDR II SDRAM (2 x 1GB)
- Memory: HHD 120GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS, 128 MB dedicated VRAM
- Webcam Resolution: .3 Megapixels
- Security Fingerprint Scanner
- 3 USB Ports
- FireWire Port
For additional information and product reviews see the following links: