These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For addiontal help with the HP-Pavilion 17-e146us laptop, check out the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
HP-Pavilion 17-e146us was released in August 2013. This device is known for its high speed and resolution. The device is about 6.39 pounds, so it is not an ideal transportable laptop. This device is known as desktop computer with high speed and clear HD resolution. HP Pavilion devices are well known as gaming devices, however this model itself cannot hold the capacity for other games outside of Microsoft and HP games. The device has also had many complaints about the Bluetooth not being suitable for games.
The device contains features that have made it a successful office, school, and home device. Some features of the device include: full size keyboard, a touchpad, DVD burner, 2.4 GHz speed, 8GB memory, DTS audio, a variety of connectivity options, and Windows 8 operating system.
The device is 1.16 (min H)/1.29(max H) X 16.5 inX 10 in with a large HP logo on the outside. The device model number can be found on HP Pavilion smart protector on the back of the device, below the Windows 8 sticker. The screen is a 17.3 inch digital HD and BrightView LED-blacklight display. The external ports include a media card reader, USB, HDMI, LAN, VGA, and a Audio/Headphone jack.
- Dimensions: 1.16 in (min H)/1.29 in (max H) X 16.5 in (W) X 10.5 in (D)
- Weight: 6.39 Ib
- Memory: 8GB
- Video Graphics: Intel HD graphic 4600
- Display: 17.3-inch digital HD + BrightView LED-blacklit display (1600x900)
- Hard drive: 750GB 5400RPM
- Sound: DTS sound+
- Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard with numeric pad
- Pointing device: Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures without on/off button
- Power: 65 W AC adaptor
- Multi-format digital media card reader
- USB: 2 Super speed USB (3.0) and 1 Universal Serial Bus (USB-2.0)
- VGA: 15-pin
- RJ-45: LAN
- Headphone-out/microphone in combo jack
- Operating system: Windows 8.1