Battery (Back Panel)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Having problems with the Google Pixelbook? Try referring to the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
Google announced the Pixelbook at their 2017 Made by Google Event alongside the Pixel 2. The Pixelbook is Google's latest foray into laptops after the Chromebook Pixel. It features two USB-C ports, and runs on an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor. The Pixelbook is one of Google's thinnest laptops ever released.
The Pixelbook lacks unique physical features that set it apart from other Google laptops. Users find difficulty in distinguishing the model from others by comparing only its physical features. To determine its exact model/configuration, power up the device and search this url: chrome://system.
- 12.3-inch LCD display
- 2400-by-1600 resolution (~234 pixels per inch)
- 7th-generation Intel Core i5 or i7
Memory and Storage
- 8 or 16 GB of onboard memory
- 128, 256, or 512 GB onboard SSD
- Two USB-C ports with support for:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output
- VGA output using USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI video output using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- 3.5mm Headphone port
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- 720p 60fps camera
- Height: 0.4 inches (10.3 mm)
- Width: 11.4 inches (290.4 mm)
- Depth: 8.7 inches (220.8 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 pounds (1.1 kg)
- Google Store Page:
- Amazon: Amazon Google Pixelbook
- Google Support:
- Common Issues:Pixelbook Common Problems