My Pixel 5 charging port is damaged. Can I just replace the port?
Snapped off a piece of motherboard, now the speaker isnt working
Where is the teardown?
Can I replace the rear camera glass without opening the whole phone?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Disclosure: The repairability score of 6/10 was determined as part of a repairability assessment performed for Google’s design and engineering teams. This paid service was performed objectively by iFixit, with no input from Google.
Check out our Google Pixel 5 wallpapers!
Background and Identification
The Pixel 5 was released by Google on October 15th, 2020 as the company’s flagship phone for 2020. The Pixel 5 sports a 6-inch display with a 1080 x 2340 resolution, 8 GB of RAM, and includes a standard ultra-wide camera, as well as a “hole-punch” selfie camera.
The Pixel 5 costs $699 and is available in Just Black and Sorta Sage. The Pixel 5 has similar internals to the Pixel 4a 5G—also released in 2020—but the Pixel 5 features wireless charging starting at 12W and reverse charging at 5W. For increased durability, Google made a recycled aluminum frame for the Pixel 5. The company also sacked the headphone jack to make the IP68 water and dust resistance rating.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
- Dimensions: 5.70 x 2.77 x 0.31 in
- Weight: 5.33 ounces
- Display Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors
- Display Size: 5.81 inches
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 2340 FHD+ at 432 ppi
- Standard Rear Camera:
- 12.2 MP dual-pixel sensor
- ƒ/1.7 aperture lens
- Optical + electronic image stabilization
- Ultra-Wide Rear Camera:
- 16 MP spectral + flicker sensor
- ƒ/2.2 aperture lens
- 107° field of view
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Li-Po (4080 mAh)
- Wireless charging 12W, reverse charging 5W