These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Dell Studio XPS 13 model M1340 is a laptop computer produced as part of Dell’s XPS 13 line of computers. Produced by Dell, the first XPS 13 was revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in 2012, as the company’s first Ultrabook. Trademarked by Intel, Ultrabooks refer to high-end notebooks that are lightweight, without compromising battery life. The XPS 13 has a 13.3” screen with Corning Gorilla Glass.
The Dell Studio XPS 13 model M1340 is sold with one of three Intel Core 2 Duo processors. It runs on either the Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition operating system or a Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition operating system. It is sold with 4 GB of RAM. The M1340 model includes either 500GB of internal memory configured with a 5400RPM hard drive, 320GB of internal memory with a 7200RPM hard drive, or 128 GB of internal storage configured with a solid state drive.
The Dell Studio XPS 13 model M1340 includes one USB 2.0 port, one USB 2.0/e-SATA port with Powershare, a 15-pin VGA video connector, an IEEE compliant 1394a port, an integrated network connector, a 10/100/1000 LAN (RJ45) port, a 54mm Express Card slot, a Display Port, an HDMI port, an AC adapter connector, an audio/microphone jack, and an 8-in-1 Media Card Reader. The Studio XPS 13’s trackpad is centered with the keyboard’s spacebar. The name “Dell” is printed in capital letters in the center of the computer’s bottom bezel. “Dell” is also printed inside of a circle in the center of the computer’s backing.
For help identifying your Dell laptop, visit Dell’s support page here.
- Intel Core 2 Duo P9500 (2.53GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, 1067MHz FSB)
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, 1067MHz FSB)
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.2GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, 1067MHz FSB)
- Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition
Memory: 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce MCP79MX
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500M - 256MB
- Edge-to-edge Glossy 13.3 inch WXGA CCFL LCD display
- Edge-to-edge Glossy 13.3 inch WXGA WLED LCD display
Audio and Speakers: 4 Watt Integrated Stereo Speakers, 2 watts per channel, 2 channels
- Up to 500GB configured with a 5400RPM hard drive.
- Up to 320GB configured with a 7200RPM hard drive.
- Up to 128GB configured with a Solid State drive.
Optical Drives: 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive
- 6 cell 56 WHr Li-Ion Battery
- 6 cell 56 WHr Li-Ion Battery Plus 9 cell 85 WHr Li-Ion Battery
- 2.0MP Integrated Webcam (with CCFL display)
- 1.3MP Integrated Webcam (with WLED display)
- Dual Digital Array Microphones
- Wi-Fi Options: Dell 1515 Wireless N Mini-Card
- Mobile Broadband Options:
- Dell Wireless 5530 Mini-Card for AT&T
- Dell Wireless 5720s Mini-Card for Sprint
- Dell Wireless 5720v Mini-Card for Verizon
- Bluetooth Options: Bluetooth Internal (2.0) mini-card
Ports, Slots, and Chassis:
- Externally Accessible
- (1) USB 2.0 compliant ports
- (1) USB 2.0 compliant / e-SATA port with Powershare
- 15-pin VGA video connector
- IEEE compliant 1394a port
- Integrated network connector 10/100/1000 LAN (RJ45)
- 54mm Express Card slot
- Display Port
- HDMI Port
- AC adapter connector
- Audio jacks (2 line-out, 1 Mic-in)
- 8-in-1 Media Card Reader
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 12.56" (319mm)
- Height: 0.88" (22.55mm) front / 1.35" (34.34mm) back
- Depth: 9.3" (236.12mm)
- Weight: Starting weight of 4.85 lbs. (2.2 kg)(13.3" display, 6 cell battery). Weights will vary depending on configurations and manufacturing variability.