Background and Identification
The Dell Latitude line of laptop computers are intended for business use, as opposed to consumer use. This means that these computers are very consistent in terms of what vendor manufactures the parts and what parts are used. Because of this, business computers are easy to maintain and support on a large scale (like a company) because they all have the same or similar components.
The Dell Latitude E5440 computer has a 14” screen. 14 inch computers are pretty middle of the road when it comes to size, which makes them reasonably portable without losing too much processing power. Most gaming laptops are at least 14 inches or larger. This size of computer is popular with students or professionals who need a portable laptop, but still want it to be full size for better typing and visuals. To find the model number of your Dell computer, use this Dell Support page.
Note: Specifications can vary based on upgradable components and the configuration of the computer (touch screen vs. non-touch screen, for example).
- Processor: Intel Core i3/i5/i7 series
- Memory type: DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Mhz
- Minimum Memory: 4 GB
- Maximum Memory: 16 GB
- Display Size (Diagonal): 14.0 inches
- Height: 192.5 mm (7.57 inches)
- Width: 324 mm (12.75 inches)
- Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels or 1600 x 900 pixels
- Maximum Brightness: 200 nits
- Battery: 4, 6 or 9-cell "smart" lithium ion