These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
To find what specific problem you may have with your unit please access the Troubleshooting Guide found here: Dell Inspiron 8600 Troubleshooting
- Processor: Intel Pentium M 1.4 GHz
- RAM: 1024 MB using DDR333
- LCD Properties: 15.4"
- Hard Disk Drive: 60GB
- Graphics 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9600
- CD-ROM Drive: Dell Inspiron 8600 CD-Rom Drive 0R115
- Battery: 11.1V 4400mAh Lithium Ion 6-cell
- Dimensions: 14.1" by 10.8" by 1.4"
- Weight: 8.3lbs w/ battery
Identification and Background
The Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop was introduced in the summer of 2003. One of the best laptops of the time, it has been discontinued due to newer models. This specific model of laptop showcases a DVD-CD-Rom drive and several other features that makes it a very useful electronic to have.
In order to verify that you have the Dell Inspiron 8600 model laptop, open the laptop and check the upper left hand corner of the device. It should be labeled as "Inspiron 8600".