These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For solutions to common problems, visit the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
Beats Solo 3 are on-ear wireless headphones released by audio equipment company Beats by Dre and Apple.
The headphones are equipped with an Apple W1 chip for Bluetooth setup and toggling between Apple devices. Beats Solo 3 headphones use Fast Fuel technology which estimates that a five minute charge will provide three hours of playback time with a maximum battery life of 40 hours. A Micro-USB cable is included for charging the headphones. They are compatible with iOS and Android.
The headphones are available in matte black, rose gold, satin silver, satin gold, and citrus red. Special colors were released as part of the Beats Club Collection. These colors include club navy, club white, club red, and club yellow. The headphones can be folded up for storage in the included compact carrying case.
The Beats Solo 3 headphones were originally priced around $300.00. As of July 2020, they were available on the Beats by Dre official site for $199.95.
Although Beats advertises these headphones as having “award winning sound,” according to a CNET article published in 2016, the Beats Solo 3 headphones have inferior sound quality compared to other similarly priced headphones.
- Battery life: Up to 40 hours of battery life
- Fast Fuel feature: 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when the battery is low
- Battery: 3.7V Ultralast Lithium Polymer Battery
- Processor / Chipset: Apple W1 Headphone Chip
- Size: 5.9 x 4.3 x 8.3 inches
- Special features: Take calls, control music, activate Siri through multifunctional on-ear controls
- Weight: 1.45 pounds