These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
We disassembled the Series 1 in a short blog post available on iFixit.org.
Announced simultaneously with the Apple Watch Series 2 on September 7, 2016, the Apple Watch Series 1 offers similar specifications as the original Apple Watch, but has been equipped with an upgraded dual-core processor and watchOS 3. This watch is available only in an aluminum case with Sport Band.
Sizes: 38 mm or 42 mm
- OLED Retina touchscreen display with Force Touch
- Ion-X glass
- 450 nit brightness
- 272 by 340 pixels (38 mm), 312 x 390 pixels (42 mm)
Processor: Custom S1P dual-core processor
Sensors: Accelerometer, built-in heart rate sensor, gyroscope, ambient light sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.0
Haptic Feedback: Taptic Engine and built-in speaker combo for instant tactile feedback
Compatibility: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Splash resistant
- Apple Pay and Siri support
- Special Digital Crown Home button
- MagSafe wireless charging