Apple TV 4K Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If your Apple TV 4K is not functioning properly, check out the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
Apple announced the release of its Apple 4K TV on September 12th, 2017, two years after the release of the fourth generation Apple TV. The exterior dimensions of both the Apple TV 4K unit and the Siri Remote are nearly identical to the fourth generation release from 2015. Apple TV 4K is once again offered in either 32 or 64 GB versions. Major differences for this release can be noted in the 64-bit A10X Fusion processor to compliment 4K HDR playback, and the removal of the USB-C port from the base unit.
The Siri Remote has been subtly redesigned with a white ring around the "Menu" button, but hardware for the remote remains the same.
Technical Specifications ¶
- CPU: 64-bit A10X Fusion processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 or 64 GB NAND Flash memory
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO; simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz dual band
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- IR receiver
- HDMI 2.0a
- Gigabit ethernet
- Built‑in power supply
Siri Remote Specs
- Bluetooth 4.0
- IR transmitter
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Lightning connector for charging
- Rechargeable battery provides months of battery life on a single charge (with average daily usage)
- Apple TV:
- Height: 1.4 inches (35 mm)
- Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
- Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
- Mass: 15 ounces (425 g)
- Siri Remote:
- Height: 4.88 inches (124 mm)
- Width: 1.5 inches (38 mm)
- Depth: 0.25 inch (6.3 mm)
- Mass: 1.59 ounces (45 g)