These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Visit the AlphaSmart Pro Troubleshooting Guide webpage to identify and solve common hardware problems.
The AlphaSmart Pro is the second AlphaSmart keyboard device released by Intelligent Peripheral Devices, Inc., in 1995. Innovative features of this device include:
- The storage capacity is 128 kilobytes or 64 pages of text.
- The device functions with two AA batteries, and rechargeable NiCad batteries are also able to be used.
- A PS/2 port and an ABD port were added in order to make this device compatible with both Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Users are able to search through files with the "Find" feature.
- The AlphaSmart Pro can send files to and receive files from both PC and Macintosh computers.
- Users can set a password to protect their files.
The AlphaSmart Pro was replaced by the AlphaSmart 2000 in 1997, the third model of the similar keyboarding device. In 2013, all AlphaSmart devices were discontinued. However, AlphaSmart devices are still used today in high schools and middle schools because they are inexpensive and simple to use. Also, customer support is still available through Renaissance Learning, Inc., in the Customer Center webpage.
Announce date: February 1995
Model: ALF - C01
Developer: Intelligent Peripheral Devices, Inc.
Display: 5.75 x 1.13 in. LCD screen
Storage: 128 kilobytes (64 pages of text)
Dimensions: 11.63 (length) x 8.13 (width) x 1.44 (depth) in.
Weight: 2 pounds 7 ounces (1105.63 grams)
Color: Ivory white