Model M6497 or A1005 / 500, 600, 700, 800, or 900 MHz G3 processor

Why does airport card crash the computer?

I replaced my logic board and then also had to replace a hard drive that was having a hard time booting up. When I went to start up after finishing-nothing, no power. I thought i had not connected the power on the logic board properly so I took apart and this time started up fine while still disassembled. It turns out that when the airport card is in-no power. If the machine is running and I plug airport in-power is zapped! A little magnet had been stuck in the airport slot and some of the connectors had been bent and were touching. I straightened them but no success. Is there a way to know if the card is bad--it worked fine before the new hard drive-even with the new logic board installed? I do not want to buy a new card if it is somehting else. Thanks for your help

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

The airport card was fried. I straightened the pins and put a new card in and it works now.

ndwig will be eternally grateful.