The Canon EOS 300D is a 6.3-megapixel entry-level digital single-lens reflex camera.

999 is flashing

What does it mean when the 999 is flashing?

How much room do you have left on your card? Check with a CF card reader the condition of your card and the images

Thks, oldturkey03.

I think I know. Before this 999 issue, I was using a defective CF card, which I replaced with a new card. The previous card never showed the flashing 999, so it was unfamiliar to me. When shooting with my new card, however, I do see it flashing, which seems to happen while the camera is busy saving my last image. After the busy light goes out, the flashing 999 stops.

I can only assume that a flashing 999 simply means it's busy saving an image. There don't seem to be any other problems or issues now.

Sylvia

Sylvia, that is what it is doing. The 999 is obviously the storage capacity left on your card, as the image is being saved, and the card being accessed that number flashes. Best of luck to you.

Silvia - I think you need to reset your camera's counter. Give that a try.

The blinking is actually a normal function during the write access to the card.

Sylvia will be eternally grateful.