Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Remove or leave Film on LCD + Digitizer?

Hello everyone,

I'm rather new with replacing LCD's, but I managed to do one yesterday. For some reason I noticed a back film on the LCD + Digitizer looking like this:

Click photo!

Do I have to remove this one or not?

Greetings,

Mittchel

Yes you must remove it or the screen won't work. I experienced this with a new iPhone 6 screen where the apple logo just kept flashing and would not respond to a reset via iTunes. Such a simple oversight which cost me hours of unnecessary work!!

Yes, remove this protective plastic sheet right before you install the Front Screen. Often there is a tab to help remove it like in your photo. Some Screens don't have the tab on the plastic, but you still remove the plastic sheet.

Thanks. I wasn't sure, because in most videos they don't remove it. By the way.. does NOT removing this film this problem: Help needed! Strange colors on screen

Or is that something else?

So i tried to do the same but when i pulled it instead of the film coming off it pulled the whole thing off.. Is there any way i can fix this? Email me at corygandy@hotmail.com if you can...

Please answer the query of Mittchel. Does not removing the back film cause any problems?

Mittchel will be eternally grateful.