1

Karel Plas
13

Why isnt the wifi/bluetooth working?

i have no wifi/bleutooth on my iphone4,

can not connect/select wifi in the menu,

can select bleutooth but will not turn on,

firmware 5.1.1.

reinstalled this firmware but still the same,

no wifi or bleutooth,,,

swapped the antenna/speaker part for a new one but nothing,,

antenna cabel is connected well

do i need to replace a other part or is there something wrong with the firmware,

on my other iphone 4 i got wifi and bleutooth

Edited by: Karel Plas ( ) , Walter Galan ( )

thanx you i will go and do this, will let you know the outcome ,,, thanx again for your answer,,,

Karel Plas,

1

Walter Galan

Referring to step 6 of the battery replacement guide for the iPhone 4, "Before reassembly, be sure to clean all metal-to-metal contact points on the pressure contact as well as its contact point on the rear panel with a de-greaser such as windex. The oils on your fingers have the potential to cause wireless interference issues." Considering you replaced something in the phone, you might want to go back and clean the phone.

1

johnkustic
613

Wifi antenna is not on "antenna/speaker part".

Wifi antenna is on the top of the iPhone 4. See this link

Make sure you check if the silver part (see pic below) on the top of this antenna is still there and make sure to put the top long screw back in. This is very important.

Hope that helps.

cleaned it but still no wifi,,, i think the chip is broken,,, but thanxxx anyway for your comment´s

Karel Plas,

0

Jane
1

IT seems heaps of people are having the same problem. I have reset back to factory settings and its no different.

I think it started on my phone when I signed up for icloud, I lost all my contacts on phone and laptop, have those back now, but still no Bluetooth or wifi.

Frustrating!!

Jane