Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Magsafe problem.. Battery is not charging.!

Few days ago my magsafe adapter was over heating and gave up. Because of that the magsafe has some burned pins as i can see. I had to connect magsafe and wiggle a bit so that i can charge. Sometimes it does but now light on the connector neither green or orange lights are glowing. When the Mac was charged it works well.

I am not sure whats the problem. I borrowed a magsafe adapter from friend and tried but its not working. I think its the magsafe port that gave up?? is it? any suggestions??

I'd rep-lace the burned DC-IN BOARD. HERE'S HOW TO DO IT: MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2010 DC-In Board Replacement

Here's the part: MacBook Pro Unibody 13" and 15" MagSafe DC-In Board

I have the same problem on my macbook 2007 model. The service center guy said that there is no way he can replace the parts of my macbook as it is considered vintage.

Is there a way i can get these parts for my model?

Or any other suggestions to get it up and running again?

Ideally, you would start a new thread for this, but: The service center guy is just ducking the problem. All A1181 Macbooks (the ones with FireWire ports) use the same MagSafe board, which is widely available. iFixit is out of stock, but you can use the Apple part numbers on iFixit's page to search for matching boards on eBay. There are a lot of sellers in China with the OEM parts, often made in the original factories.

pranayt will be eternally grateful.