How do I fix my internet connection?

My Asus laptop is not connecting properly to the internet. It is connected to a network, but when I open Internet Explorer, nothing pops up. It doesn't even tell me it can't display the page, it's just a blank screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my home network- didn't work. Then I tried turning it off and on again—didn't work. Finally, I turned off my router for about a minute and turned it back on—my internet explorer is still a blank screen. My Norton subscription just expired yesterday, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my internet problem—even though the problem began to occur on the day of expiration. Any help you can provide me would be great.

Have you tried navigating to a webpage? Have you tried another browser? (Google Chrome: http://goo.gl/jBttB). Do you have any screenshots you might be able to provide?

by Elisha Bonack

i have an ASUS X550L series laptop and i cant connect to my modem

i just got a new one and it wont connect to it but my other devices can

it says can't connect to this network.

by pk lei

i have an Asus X555la series laptop which came with windows 8,after updating to windows 10,, my wireless connection doesn't show at all but my LAN network is working but not the wireless what would be the cause

by Ebo

Maybe it's the Power Management of the network adaptor. See the 5th post of this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-shari...

by Werner Schandor

Try to download FixR 2.0, it can do this steps automatically, no technical skill required. Link to download http://fixr2.com

by dmitriydrachev

Go to Control Panel and open Programs and Features to Uninstall Norton from the programs list. Open up Internet Explorer and click on Tools, and then Internet Properties. Go to the Connection tab and click on the LAN Settings button and uncheck all the check boxes. Click OK and restart your computer.

Good Luck.

DAVID! You are so amazing! Thank you sooooo much. No one else helped but you solved my problem like that! Your the real MVP!

by MineBloX

David, this was exactly my problem also and you solved my problem!!! Thank you so very much!!

by jsmorris95

David - Hi...Just found this site and going through the same issue. Will this work if your dealing with WiFi? Thanks - JW

by Jeff

Thanks david...u are awesome!! It works fine!!

by Ben Lam

I don't have Norton, I have McAfee, and I'm still having the same issue, do I uninstall McAfee?

by Ashlea

i have a laptop too Asus and it will not let me connect to the wireless internet at all. All my other devices work and this will not connect. What do I do? at last i got help at http://www.sevenforums.com/network-shari... . i hope this may also help

sometime new asus laptop which is coming with windows 10 or 8 are having this issue . i would suggest check the driver and driver settings and make sure no other network filter drivers are there for more http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthr... this may get you there . thanks

I did what you said and it still will not let me get on the internet my connection says no network access and limited access. And ive tried everything that i know

At first you should check your Internet connection. Have it plugging properly or not. Then you check configuration setting and open your IE.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab

Go to LAN settings.

And adjust "Automatically detect settings"

Also go to the advance tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button or you can reinstall your IE.

AWESOME! I got it working thanks(:

by stephanielizama214

I tried this and it didn't work. I also restarted and I am not able to get the internet page up. Even though I have a strong connection and the internet works on all other devices.

by Daphne Oliver

when I pressed "Automatically detect settings" the advance tab don't come up. it says I have to press the "use proxy server for your LAN". now what shell I do? shell I tick the Proxy box??? please answer my Question.

by Md Abdul Motin

thank you so much. my laptop is working now because I uninstalled the MacAfee. But still I am little bit worried about is it going to affect my laptop by allowing some viruses.

by Md Abdul Motin

Osum !!! This worked.. Thanks a lot !!!

by Kanchan Mukhi

I have WiFi in my house but my ASUS laptop A550L can't connect it. Sometimes it will just disconnected and I can't connect it anymore and it will dissapear.

I also face this problem

by zulfahmy

same here--goes on and off .

by vicki

Same like me...anyone plz help me how to solve this problem...tq

by liz

Right Click WiFi Connection Symbol on the bottom right corner of the Desktop

Open Network and Sharing Center

Click on Change Adapter Settings

Right Click the Network Device showing Limited Connectivity

Click Properties

Click on the Configure Button

Click on the Driver Tab

Click on the Uninstall button

Restart computer

Windows Auto Installs the Driver

Reconnect to router

Problem Solved

Omg!!! Thank you so much!! It fixed!

by zahrahnahar

Hi sammy1m,

What is your Asus laptop model number? What OS is installed? What type of connection are you having problems with -Ethernet(LAN) or WiFi?

@sammy_m Could you post a new question to the forum so we can address it properly. I may have a solution regarding you McAfee problem

detailed question

by Jimfixer

It showing troubleshoot problems...how to solve it....

I have the same problem and I can't fix it

by Jay

My asus A450L cannot connect to a wifi.even the wifi is strong.my lappy still cannot connect it and show the display 'no network found'.sometimes i can connect but only for a while about half an hour.can you all help me.??

Thank you so much for advising to uninstall the antivirus software first! I have an ASUS U46e laptop and had just performed a restoration. However I could not access the Internet thereafter wirelessly or via Ethernet. My adapters were "enabled" but I had "no internet access". After disabling network adapters and rebooting and resetting my network, I saw this thread. I uninstalled my antivirus firewall program Avast. I rebooted and voilá(!) my internet access was back. Then I reinstalled Avast and FINALLY I am up and running. Thank you to them contributors to this thread. Awesome!

Please help, i'm having a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter, version 10.0.0.299,

everytime when i'm on steam, all of a sudden the wifi connection turns to limited and there is no internet connection, is there a way to solve this problem?? =(

*do note that my other devices can connect to the wifi except my laptop.

im having this problem too, were you able to fix it?

by Cassandra

hmm... i think u try another browser, or can call support of network provider for better and let they do it.

Bệnh viện laptop

My asus laptop has been working fine but then all of a sudden today boom try to connect and it says that i cant connect to my wifi? what do i do?

Ugh I have a laptop too Asus and it will not let me connect to the wireless internet at all. All my other devices work and this will not connect. What do I do? Then I called Asus on the phone they said I might have a wireless virus if so how do I fix the problem. I am so frustrated

Please help

what is the problem when i open the laptop ASUS Windows 8 and also the page internet explorer open at once , and i want not to open it , please explain for me the problem

My laptop is on Ethernet an it won't let me connect to WiFi how do I fix it?

yes now its working on mine

by jan

I just bought an asus x555LA and the first thing i did was to hook it to a connection source n then download avast i dont know if it has something with my wireless problem but it has been there since i installed the windows8 the wireless just wont work it wont detect any sort of connection while my rooter is on and im already connected with my phone..

by salma ben khelifa

I have an ASUS X540SA and it will not stay connected to my wifi even though my phone does. It will be connected and then disconnect. When I try to reconnect it says can't connect to network. I just purchased this laptop 13 days ago. How do I solve this problem?

same problem here!

by jschifty

Cecelia Zitarosa will be eternally grateful.