How do I fix my internet connection?

My Asus laptop is not connecting properly to the internet. It is connected to a network, but when I open Internet Explorer, nothing pops up. It doesn't even tell me it can't display the page, it's just a blank screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my home network- didn't work. Then I tried turning it off and on again- didn't work. Finally i turned off my rowder for about a minute nd turned it back on- my internet explorer is still a blank screen. My Norton subscription just expired yesterday, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my internet problem- even though the problem begamn to occur on the day of expiration. Any help you can provide me would be great.

Have you tried navigating to a webpage? Have you tried another browser? (Google Chrome: http://goo.gl/jBttB). Do you have any screenshots you might be able to provide?

by Elisha Bonack

Go to control panel and open program and features and Uninstall Norton from the programs list. Open up internet explorer and click on tools and then internet properties. Go to connection tab click on LAN settings button and uncheck all the check boxes click OK and restart your computer.

Good Luck.

DAVID! You are so amazing! Thank you sooooo much. No one else helped but you solved my problem like that! Your the real MVP!

by MineBloX

David, this was exactly my problem also and you solved my problem!!! Thank you so very much!!

by jsmorris95

David - Hi...Just found this site and going through the same issue. Will this work if your dealing with WiFi? Thanks - JW

by Jeff

Thanks david...u are awesome!! It works fine!!

by Ben Lam

I don't have Norton, I have McAfee, and I'm still having the same issue, do I uninstall McAfee?

by Ashlea

I did what you said and it still will not let me get on the internet my connection says no network access and limited access. And ive tried everything that i know

this type of problems can be fixed.you just need to take few simple steps. update the wireless driver and make sure that you have the right password of your internet connection.now try to update the driver and restore the settings and try to connect the computer with internet .for information and support contact Asus tech support and after fixing your problem please restart the laptop . i hope this may solve your problem.thanks

At first you should check your Internet connection. Have it plugging properly or not. Then you check configuration setting and open your IE.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab

Go to LAN settings.

And adjust "Automatically detect settings"

Also go to the advance tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button or you can reinstall your IE.

AWESOME! I got it working thanks(:

by stephanielizama214

I tried this and it didn't work. I also restarted and I am not able to get the internet page up. Even though I have a strong connection and the internet works on all other devices.

by Daphne Oliver

It showing troubleshoot problems...how to solve it....

Please help, i'm having a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter, version 10.0.0.299,

everytime when i'm on steam, all of a sudden the wifi connection turns to limited and there is no internet connection, is there a way to solve this problem?? =(

*do note that my other devices can connect to the wifi except my laptop.

I have WiFi in my house but my ASUS laptop A550L can't connect it. Sometimes it will just disconnected and I can't connect it anymore and it will dissapear.

I also face this problem

by zulfahmy

hmm... i think u try another browser, or can call support of network provider for better and let they do it.

Bệnh viện laptop

My asus A450L cannot connect to a wifi.even the wifi is strong.my lappy still cannot connect it and show the display 'no network found'.sometimes i can connect but only for a while about half an hour.can you all help me.??

Thank you so much for advising to uninstall the antivirus software first! I have an ASUS U46e laptop and had just performed a restoration. However I could not access the Internet thereafter wirelessly or via Ethernet. My adapters were "enabled" but I had "no internet access". After disabling network adapters and rebooting and resetting my network, I saw this thread. I uninstalled my antivirus firewall program Avast. I rebooted and voilá(!) my internet access was back. Then I reinstalled Avast and FINALLY I am up and running. Thank you to them contributors to this thread. Awesome!

Cecelia Zitarosa will be eternally grateful.