1

Cecelia Zitarosa
1

How do I fix my internet connection?

My Asus laptop is not connecting properly to the internet. It is connected to a network, but when I open Internet Explorer, nothing pops up. It doesn't even tell me it can't display the page, it's just a blank screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my home network- didn't work. Then I tried turning it off and on again- didn't work. Finally i turned off my rowder for about a minute nd turned it back on- my internet explorer is still a blank screen. My Norton subscription just expired yesterday, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my internet problem- even though the problem begamn to occur on the day of expiration. Any help you can provide me would be great.

Have you tried navigating to a webpage? Have you tried another browser? (Google Chrome: http://goo.gl/jBttB). Do you have any screenshots you might be able to provide?

Elisha Bonack,

4

david chase
187

Go to control panel and open program and features and Uninstall Norton from the programs list. Open up internet explorer and click on tools and then internet properties. Go to connection tab click on LAN settings button and uncheck all the check boxes click OK and restart your computer.

Good Luck.

Edited by: Dan ( )

DAVID! You are so amazing! Thank you sooooo much. No one else helped but you solved my problem like that! Your the real MVP!

MineBloX,

David, this was exactly my problem also and you solved my problem!!! Thank you so very much!!

jsmorris95,

David - Hi...Just found this site and going through the same issue. Will this work if your dealing with WiFi? Thanks - JW

Jeff,

2

kayra
97

i had the same issue once before with my laptop . Yeah you might have to update drivers,or download new drivers. But since you cannot connect to the internet you will have to download it from another machine or even an internet enabled phone.for more information contact asus technical support and i hope this may help you thanks

thanks it works .

Jack,

1

manikmist09
1

At first you should check your Internet connection. Have it plugging properly or not. Then you check configuration setting and open your IE.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab

Go to LAN settings.

And adjust "Automatically detect settings"

Also go to the advance tab and click the Restore Advance Settings button or you can reinstall your IE.

Edited by: Scott Dingle ( ) , manikmist09 ( )

AWESOME! I got it working thanks(:

stephanielizama214,

1

jlangel73
13

Having same issue, suddenly not accepting any log on for any network. If I use my connect anywhere card, then it will go online without any problems. Take off the connect card and it acts like internet is a foreign mode. I don't know what's changed, one day worked fine, next evening won't work at all. I've done restore points, windows update, virus scan, clean disc, and defrag as well, still same issue. Won't connect to any internet signal.

Its the expired firewall and Norton which is malfunctioning. I would suggest your to remove and uninstall Norton from your PC and if using windows 7 or above the download and install Microsoft Security Essentials which is way better then the one you have now.

david chase,

Actually its not, its the wifi router that was my problem. Mine is fixed and not an issue any longer. You know, one fix that works for you, doesn't work for the world. Have a blessed day!

jlangel73,

0

gregponiewaz
1

My wife took her Asus laptop to a hotel for a week. One of the tech guys changed her wifi so that it was connected to a local network.

Now that she is home, the incorrect wifi connection is still active so we can't get any internet. When I go to connections, it says "manage your connections" and I click on that.

I see the wifi network I need, but the only option I have is to "forget".

NEED HELP!

0

jim r
1

i set up my new asus computer and could not connect to internet. found out i had to install a antenna for wireless. installed antenna and now see my network. i put in password but now it says i can't connect to internet.