The Apple Magic Mouse is a multi-touch mouse manufactured and sold by Apple Inc. It was announced and sold for the first time on October 20, 2009.

Any way to fix the battery contacts?

When I went to try and turn on this Magic Mouse, the mouse did not turned on.

When I went to change the batteries, I found corrosion on the battery terminals. I changed the batteries anyway, and the mouse didn't work.

It also seems like the battery acid may have gotten inside the mouse, since this contact is not working correctly and does not spring back up. I was able to fix it a little bit and get it to spring up again, but it still sticks.

Is there any way to fix this? The mouse was $80 and it seems like I got lucky and caught it before it could get any worse then it already is. It seems like I caught this corrosion while I have time to clean it and get the mouse working again.

Your best bet is to get a new mouse or try and clean the contacts off.

Most Helpful Answer

I have the same problem,

I use Isopropyl alcohol to clean it and fine sand paper rub the battery contacts, leave it to totally dried. and it work fine.

Hope this help,

Piaky,

Thailand.

Nick will be eternally grateful.