Western Digital My Book

A line of external hard drives by Western Digital, styled after hardbound books. Available in various editions from Essential, to Premium to World Edition.

How do I fix the loose USB connection port?

The HD can no longer connect to the computer. It had a loose USB port, which by jiggling would eventually connect. Now, no amount of jiggling allows it ti connect. It powers up fine. When I try insert the USB cable into the port it falls in.

Western Digital My Book Essential 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAF0015HBK

Western Digital My Book Essential 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDBAAF0015HBK-NESN

by Israel Fajardo

this is the disassembly you could use to get to the USB port. If you are ok at soldering then I'd try resoldering the legs to the motherboard-with time and putting the cord in and out something has wobbled free and contact is broken. Obviously try this without the hard drive attached to the board...

I have made my posting clearer. It is a great site but not for my drive.

by Israel Fajardo

Israel Fajardo will be eternally grateful.