iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Dropped phone and now screen is blank.

I just dropped my AT&T iPhone 4S and the screen went blank. I am still receiving texts and calls and the phone vibrates when it is plugged in to charge. I restored it and synced it but the screen is still blank. From other questions on here I hope (crossing fingers) that just one of the connections came loose in the fall. It is possible to access these by taking the rear cover off? Or do I have to remove the entire front assembly?

how much was to replace the phone?

by Eduarda

just dropped my AT&T iPhone 5 and the screen went blank. I can not receiving texts and calls and when it is plugged in to charge. I restored it and synced it but the screen is still blank. From other questions on here I hope (crossing fingers) that just one of the connections came loose in the fall. It is possible to access these by taking the rear cover off? Or do I have to remove the entire front assembly?

by Yuri Sanders

you can order a lcd screen online. then install it by yourself or take it to repaire shop for fixing. it will save a lot money. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/...

by Lesley

iPhone 4S Display Assembly Replacement this is the guide you need to follow..you almost need to take the whole phone apart to get to the display cables not just take the back cover off. Have you tried pressing power and home buttons until the apple appears? sometimes this simple fix works, sometimes you will need to open the phone and check your cables. If the reset doesn't work and there is no sign of a physical drop you could try taking it to your phone dealer and getting them to do the repair under warranty.

Mentioned Items

I did press the power and home buttons together but the screen did not respond. there is no sign of drop and I have AppleCare but I have already had the phone replaced once due to water damage so I don't want to use up my last replacement if I can fix myself. I'll check the cables, thanks for the response.

by tomvogdes

I forgot to update this. I removed the rear panel and attempted to see if there were any obvious cable issues. I jiggled the cables to and fro but it didn't fix it. I ended up taking the phone to Apple and they replaced my phone under its normal warranty, no Applecare+ required.

by tomvogdes

how do I remove the back ?

by jania Davis

Just happened to me this morning when I dropped my phone. I pressed the on/home buttons together and it worked. Had to hold them in for a while, but the apple finally showed up...thanks for posting such an easy solution!!

by Marcia Bentley

OMG - Thank you sooooo much. I dropped my phone this morning on the garage floor and of course got all the blank, nothing happening - can you say PANIC!! Just tried the home and on button for several seconds and the apple appeared WooHoo and the phone is on and working.

by Doris Brekhus

same thing happened to my mom's phone

fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting all cables from the logic board, and it worked perfectly after.

Hi

I had the same problem my iPhone 4S. I tried reseting the device, turning it of and pressing all buttons without any result. I opened the back cover and tried the method explained in the youtube video, but sadly it didn't work. When I was about to give up I desperatly hit the phone in the table, and dropped it from 2-3 cm height. Then I hold the home and on button for 20s, and to my surprise it worked!!!

So it looks like a loose connector was the problem in my case. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm happy for now.

Good luck!

If you got 1 more free replacement coming with your applecare

then you better take it because opening the phone yourself

will void that 2nd replacement. No matter how careful you

think you are there are alot of teenytiny things that will

be obvious if a trueblue apple shop opens that phone.

Things like use of nonApple parts and missing capton tape

and who knows what else. Don't chance it.

Actually, i have this problem all the time. Turn it off and back on.

I realize it might be difficult without seeing the screen but you can do it.

mine won't turn off.. what shall i do?

by Coral Harrison

i did he same thing and i bought a lifeproof case and got the head phone screw peicxe and twisted it as tightly as possiable and it light right up because it compresses the phone so its in an tight environment and it will cause the screen to light up the only down side is you constantly have to have that peice in the phone

Cheers every one . Same just happened to me. Hold down the top power button for say 10 seconds then swipe the bottom to turn off as if the screen was working . Leave it a couple of minutes the power up as normal. All fixed happy days

watch this 2 min youtube video. the youngman explains exacrly how to fix it. in short u have to open it and press on something in the back. very easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKFFFe0r-...

you should first put your iPhone into DFU mode and hard reset the phone if it restores succesfully and the screen is still blank, you need to go to apple and get the screen replaced or just blow 200 dollars and upgrade your iPhone. if your iPhone is out-of-warrenty then you will just be better to just upgrade your iPhone.

I tried to put in a docking station, the music automatically played but still no signs on the screen. I tried to hold the power switch and home button a couple of seconds then the apple logo appeared, just give it some time and do it a couple of times, hopefully it would work..:) I thought it was already a sign to get a new one but fortunately it worked...) lol goodluck

tomvogdes will be eternally grateful.