Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

After Screen replace bottom line of touch wont work

Hi guys i have repaired many iphones but this one makes me crazy. I have replaced a LCD on an iphone 4. first it all worked well exept the proxymity sensor. So i opened the iphone again and do my thing for the sensor. The i replaced it back. Now the bottom line of the touchscreen wont work. I put another logicboard in and the LCD wored well.

I put back the other one and the bottom line ( Phone Messages ect...) wont work. I can move the Slide to unlock button, but if i have the keybord i cant press the Space and all whats in that line. I have reseted the iphone did a restore, but its all the same.

Did someone got the same problem?

THX

Hi Goran,

I haven't had this problem yet. But I would check the connection for the digitizer. Maybe it did not snap in to the logic board which seems to create a problem.

The location of this connector is shown in the guide, step 17.

I would give it a try.

Steffen

I too just started having this issue.

At first was the power button so I reset the power's ribbon cable but now, the bottom slide won't work but the power and power off slide will work.

Goran will be eternally grateful.