This Nintendo DS Lite was released in 2006 as the successor to the Nintendo DS. Getting inside this device is simple, making for easy fixes.

turn on and then immediately off

My daughter dropped her ds on the floor and now it will turn on and then immediately off. I tried charging the battery and even replacing it with another good battery from another DS we have, but still the same problem. The right most light turns green when powered on for about 1 second but then shuts off

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately it could be a variety of problems. Fortunately they all have workable solutions.

Perhaps the easiest problem to fix would be if, when it was dropped, one of the cables became loose or disconnected. In that case all it would take to fix it would be to open the DS up and ensure all the cables are properly seated.

A more difficult one to address is it is possible that when it was dropped a component was knocked off the main board. And it is quite common for an inductor to get knocked loose in a drop, located near the power switch. But it is an easy solder if you happen to work with electronics.

If you want to further diagnose the issue I'd recommend using the following guides to disassemble the device and check for possible damage:

DS Lite Repair

Though there is another apparent option which centers around possible hinge damage. Does it appear that there was any damage to the hinge in the fall?

If so you may just need to replace the casing and one of the screens to rectify the issue. In which case the above guides would also be useful.

Also, if it turns out you need replacement parts, this is a good spot to start looking.

+ damage to the hinge damages the cable connecting the top LCD and can give the turn on turn off issue.

hold the power switch on a maximum 1 hour and keep the ds game inserted.

if your daughter wants swap the ds game your daughter will need a gba game

it work on my ds

maybe it was just from the fall

How to fix a DS lite that turns on and instantly off

Ha (that happiness to me to)I don't know how to fix it

one of the connectors is not connected anymore

khan786 will be eternally grateful.