1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

The Chevrolet Cavalier is a compact automobile produced from 1982 to 2005 by General Motors.

How do I check the transmission fluid in my 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

My transmission dose not have a dip stick and i need to check the level and do not have the money to go to a repair shop. How do i check it

Most Helpful Answer

Thomas Wahab, this from the ownders manual "It is not necessary to check the transaxle fluid level. A transaxle fluid leak is the only reason for fluid loss. If a leak occurs, take the vehicle to the dealership service department and have it repaired as soon as possible." :-) Anyway, here is what the transmission service manual says:"

Transmission Fluid Checking Procedure:

1. Start the engine and allow the engine to idle until the transmission fluid temperature has reached the value specified.

2. Depress the brake pedal and move the shift lever through the gear ranges, pausing a few seconds in each range. Return the shift lever to the PARK range.

3. Remove the fluid vent cap.

4. Raise the vehicle on a hoist. The vehicle must be level, with the engine running and the shift lever in the PARK range.

5. Remove the transmission oil level control plug (65).

Check the fluid level. Th efuid level should be even with the bottom of the threaded plug hole. If it is low add DEXRON III automatic transmission fluid in increments on 0.5L (0.5qt) until the fluid drains from the plug hole."

Hope this helps, good luck

Transmission Chevrolet Cavalier 97

I want to buy transmission Chevrolet Cavalier age 97

Thomas Wahab will be eternally grateful.