Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Apn number on battery

Hello everyone, I need help with my iPhone 3gs 16gb. the ios is 5.1.1. i replaced my battery and i found out that the battery is for iPhone 3g. I need help cuz i dont know what APN Number is on my old battery and i dont know what battery to order for it. my model number is.

A1303 and my FCC ID BCGA1303B IC ID 579C-A130B

Brandon Kilgore, "with the iPhone 3GS the magical APN appears to be 616-0435.> Check on THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON BATTERY APNs

thank you so much. do you thank i messed up my iphone? i put the iphone 3g battery in and tryed to restore it before i new about the apn number and it gave me bunches of error codes. now that i know it was cuz of the battery. did i do any damage to the phone?

Not necessarily :-) see what you get when you have the new battery. The iPhone does give you all kinds of weird errors with the wrong battery, so you might just be okay.

i thought i bricked it. but i ordered 2 batterys and both of them are for the 3g and it did all the random shut downs. but it finally went to dfu mode with black screen. but last night i changed out the battery with the other one and it did turn on and went to the recovery mode screen with the usb and itunes so i thank that is a great sign. but thank you so much. i sent the people another email on ebay and im just waiting on them to reply back so i can get the right battery.

Sounds like your phone is still in good shape. Let us know how it is going when you have the right battery ;-), good luck.

Thank you for accepting my answer, good luck to you.

Brandon Kilgore will be eternally grateful.