The Nintendo DSi is the third iteration in the Nintendo DS line, and made its debut in Japan in late 2008.

Getting pictures back after formatting?

My son has a Nintendo DSi and accidently did a system format and lost all of his pictures that were saved on the system, not the SD card. Is there any way possible to get these pictures back?

i need some answers too please help me .. my sd card on ds dont have a memory card .. is there possible that i can bring old photos back ?? i wish i can .. its really important .. :'( HELP ME !!

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Shelly. Don't panic once you find that the photo loss happened. The first thing I hope you can do is to stop using the device to avoid the data overwritten situation. Actually the delete command or formatting will not really delete the files in your device. All the commands do is only to free up the space of the deleted files so that the space can be used by the new files. If you keep operating on your device, you may make some new files which will take the space of the deleted files and you will lose the chances to recover the deleted files.

To help you to solve your problems, you need to make your son's Nintendo DSi as a USB drive or external drive which can be read by the computer and then search methods to recover the files. You can check more details in this post to get more helpful tips you may need: http://www.uflysoft.com/data-recovery-ma...

What do I use to plug the dsi into the computer?

Dont worry, you can recover deleted pictures after accidentally format the system, here's a good format recovery guide that helped me last time

how to recover deleted files after reformat

You will need to connect the Nintendo DSi to computer, and then download this photo recovery software.

hope this helps.

how can i connect it?

Shelly, this can be tricky and most of the time, once they are gone, they are gone :-( but you can try something. First off, stop using the DSi so that no more data is going to be overwritten. It is possible that those formatted files are still stored just invisible or inaccessible. The FAT or NFTS table erased the information about where that data was saved. The real data might still be intact intact in sectors. As long as that data is not overwritten by new data, it might be possible to recover them. In your case as with recovering photos from your DSI, I would try some photo recovery software. Get the free version and see if it can access your DSi. No guarantees, but nothing to lose. Hope this helps, good luck

Though you formatted, but you can still recover the lost photos back easily with the help of some professional photo recovery software easily if your data is not covered. You can consider this guide:

http://www.goshareware.com/resource/reco...

Hope this will help you.

what do you use to plug it into the computer?

I acidently deleted all my pictures and I don't know how to get them back

Go for Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software. The software is efficient in retrieving deleted photos from Nintendo DSi gaming console on Windows computer.

Though time goes by but many users just like you will meet this kind or problems. In my opinion, a Nintendo DSi just like a storage device if you store pics on it. That means if the storage device lost files can be recovered, so does the Nintendo device.

But I need to remind lots of the users that if data loss happens (no matter happen on the storage device or the computer hard drive), don't put any new files into the device which the lost files were stored before because the data overwritten situation will happen.

What is data overwritten? It is simple. When data loss happens, the files are not really completely deleted from your hard drive or device, only the space of the deleted files are emptied so that there is enough space for putting in the new files. At this moment (before putting new files into the device), the lost files can be still recovered. But if new files have been put into the device, they will take the space of the deleted files, at this moment, the lost files cannot be recovered.

So if you meet data loss problem, the first thing you need to pay attention to is don't put any new files into the device until you find the effective way to recover your files.

As it is a Nintendo device or storage device, I suggest users to plug it in the computer and then find some data recovery programs to scan it for the lost files, once the data recovery software can find out the lost files, there will be a big chance to recover the files.

Hurudididddiza he lost all of his games by formatting by accident

Shelly will be eternally grateful.