CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

How to fix a sunk in power button

So, my iPhone4 was perfectly fine until a couple weeks ago. I took it out of my pocket and I discovered that the power button had "sunk" in. It still functions; however, there is no click or resistance when I press it down. I have to push a lot harder in order for it to properly work. I have take then entire phone apart in order to attempt a fix, but I cant figure it out. The power sensor cable seemed perfectly fine (the yellow 'nub' was still intact). Any suggestions on what I can do to restore the original function and regain the clicking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

also, theres no water damage nor has the phone been dropped.

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately that is a common problem on the iphone 4.

The problem is that originally there is a small black 'dot of plastic' on top of the switch (on the flex) which activates the switch when you press.

Most likely this black dot has disappeared from your switch. The best way to solve this is to replace the power and sensor flex assembly:

iPhone 4 Power and Sensor Cable (CDMA/Verizon)

Christian will be eternally grateful.