0

Luke
1

right eye shows no picture

Virtual Boy Nintendo Game System unit works but the right eye is completely dead no picture at all how do i troubleshoot this?

1

Luke, I suppose it is time to disassemble your VB and to take a look at the oscillating mirror on the right side as well as the display unit. If either one of those wont work, you will have no display. Until you have it apart, anything will just be a guess. Check the teardown on here so you know what to look for. Hope this helps to get you started.

0

hitpatel2
331

Hey Luke, I just fixed one this week.

You have to take it apart and reflow the ribbon that creates the picture on that side. It is very simple, make sure and not use too much heat.

There is a good video on a tear down and reflow of the ribbons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFQAsEqwh...

In the video the guys uses an oven to reflow, but I used a heat gun instead.

0

jason macintire
1

The video the guy give the correct answers about the repair but he way he suggest fixing it is terrible. Use a heat gun and flat solid object like a knife. Use one hand to apply pressure to the ribbon cable with the back edge of the knife. Use a butter knife nothing sharp. Use a pot holder to hold the knife so you don't get burned. Use your other hand to apply gentle heat for about 2 minutes. Allow to cool. If you still don't get a picture then you will have to use more intense heat. I have fixed them this way you should be able to as well.