0

Gary leck
1

DSI microphone does not work

Hi Iam having problems with my daughters dsi the mic has gone off and she cannot play any games that req. you blowing on the mic any advice would be appreciated

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Gary leck ( )

0

Miraya Lozano
31

If you decide to try and take out the back of the nintendo their should be a rectangle with two screws you can use a tec deck screw driver to unscrew them try taking out the card chip thingy that says TWL-003 put it back in if that doesnt help the mic then take out the thingy again and than unscrew the entire back of the DSI Their should be a small wire connected to the mic that leads to the motherboard or the large chip. if the wire is not connected to the motherboard conect in by a little thing at the end of the wire to the little slot if it already is connected than make sure you ran a mic test. If your mic truly is broken then call costomer service and request the manufacturer label and send it in for a repair or take it in to a gamer shop or the store you bought it from.

1

wayne
13

Simple fix. On the font edge of the machine next to the headphone jack is the mic jack. For use with an external mic. Inside the jack there are two metal pins. They can become stuck in the "up" position. You simply need to bend the pins back down slightly. I used a sewing needle - being careful not to break the pins. Worked like a charm. All blowing games and voice commands now work again.

OMG! You just saved me 80 bucks in repairs! My daughter could not play any games where you had the blow in the microphone. It seemingly just stopped working for unclear reasons. We have never used an external MIC but i used a safety pin and gently pulled the pins down. WORKED, so happy! Thank you for your post

Frances,

OH MY GOD! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH IVE BEEN WANTING THIS FIXED FOR OVER 4 YEARS THANK YOU I CANT EVEN PUT IT INTO WORDS HOW HAPPY I AM!!! Nintendogs here i come!

max,

0

hitpatel2
331

Hey here are a couple of things you can check.

Get a can of air and blow into the mic, to clean it.

If that does not work, you can open the back of the Dsi and check to make sure the mic is still plugged in. It plugs into the motherboard next to the Wifi board.

If that is fine, then you need to replace the mic. It is a very difficult job.

Hi i tried blowing out the mic with no joy so i replaced it and its still not working think it may be a problem with the board

Gary leck,

0

Eric Knops
1

Didn't believed it till I've tried it myself, Wayne's trick did fix the mic issue on my daughters DSi.

Thx Wayne!!!

Edited by: Eric Knops ( )

0

Valentine
1

Its weird Wayne please reply but I used the needle and the mic bars went up for a couple seconds then went off and didn't work again.. someone help!

0

Jtsouza
1

Thank you! Tweaking the little metal tabs next to the headphone jack just worked for me! My daughter's week has just been made --- and I am so thankful that I don't have to attempt to replace the mic with the tiny parts that we bought. Wish that I had checked for other fixes first, before we ordered the mic piece!